The Wedding is All Over

The wedding and reception went well, as you will be glad to know. Thanks to those who came, and for your gifts too - we seriously didn't expect people to really give as anything, so we got home and looked at them and were like, what the hell?! Thanks to the people who couldn't come who would've if you could. It is a real shame because you are some special people that I would have really liked to have there, you know who you are.

And now I am staying up late mucking about on the computer because now I have time and can start doing all the things I wasn't doing when making stuff for the wedding. As a result of my sewing however, one person now wants me to make things for her, and another one of my friends wants me to make her dress for the formal. She says "I know you'll do a good job". Hmmm, sometimes I do a good job, but no one sees about 35% of the stuff i try and make because it is awful or too messed up to finish. And I hate about half of what I make, or it is merely wearable, but certainly not formal dress status. And I'm not sure most of the other half is either.

Anyway, I should probably go to sleep or something, I am sick, and have been for well over a week now.

Oh yeah, one funny thing- we got two cakes for the reception, and only one was eaten. So we have a whole 'nother delicious, amazing, fantastic, yummy cake from the Dessert Room. Just one of their normal cakes, nothing special, but they are very good. So, I imagine they are happy with that bit of free advertising ;)

Hopefully while I am still off work I will be able to do posts on the dress and corset now G has seen them, and also I will put some photos here, and try and get more to the relevant people. G looked so very dashing in his jacket, even though I was not happy with the fit. He wore a sash round it and after a while undid it down the front which looked really good in a dashing, practical, swashbuckling kind of way. He thought I looked stunning :)

Comments

Tiff said…
hey hon. glad to hear the wedding went very well. i was thinking of you in qtwn. so sorry i couldn't be there! i look fwd to the photos...from what i've seen you did indeed look stunning!! I will see you in May. xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction