Port Fest!

Ha ha, silly title, Dunedin is silly.
Last weekend was great. As well as buying Plucky and a giant overnight bag (thanks for your comments about how great Plucky is by the way, I have passed them onto him), we went to "Port Fest". This is what that involved:
Oh yeah, baby. A few people sitting around by the asphalt at Port Otago, by the woodchip piles, listening to random people, some absolutely awful and incapable of singing, sing. Or try to. There was a sausage sizzle. There was a Mr Whippy, or whatever the place selling icecreams was. There were some absolutely minimally inspiring displays in an enormous shed about 100 years of frozen meat shipping.
However, there was also this:

Which is a small section of a straddle carrier. Apparently that is what they are called. I don't know why I didn't actually take a picture of the whole thing while I was there. How silly of me.

There was also this:
A big ship with 3 cranes. Yay.
And then I got to stand around eating a sundae watching the straddle carriers straddle and carry things and the empty container handlers handle empty containers, it was great. I don't know how G felt about all this excitement though.

Here's a couple of "artistic" shots. The fog out at the end of the harbour, and the side of a container and some of the wharf.

And, to finish off, let me give you a shot of one of my favourite containers.
Ahh, Maersk.
If it wasn't enough to be subjected to these giant photos of port stuff, here is a link to all the photos. None of them are very good. I am sad. I wish they were better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction