Chillis For Sale

In the most recent weekend, we went to the Farmer's Market, as G did not go to training on Saturday morning. The day was fraught with difficulty for the most part, and did not go nice and smoothly and leisurely like the weekend before, but there were still fun bits.
We bought absolutely fantastically delicious nectarines that are as big as large peaches, and red-all-the-way-through plums from a girl set up on the platform. I say girl because she seemed young and girl-like, although she was probably not a girl per se. You should look for her if you go there and buy some fruit. Gary made me buy silverbeet, because apparently he likes it. How weird. So I had to ask Mum what to do with it, which was something of a long shot, because I don't think she likes it, or at least very, very seldom cooks it. I got a few turnips, we bought some hotdogs and stuff for breakfast, we had a coffee from the coffee cart, and we got these deep-fried pastry things from some Russian people. I had apple because I felt like a less savoury thing, and Gary had mince, which we had tried a little piece of and was so rich tasting and yummy. Mmmm, yummy flavoured, deliciously fatty mince.
There was also a few people selling mostly just chilli's and capsicums - heaps of different kinds of chilli's that I had only previously seen on posters like that chilli poster in Everyday Gourmet. It was great. This was before the food and the coffee, and I was distracted from the coffee and stopped going after food despite desperately needing it because I hadn't had breakfast, because it was just SO COOL.
Here is what I got:
I bag of multi-coloured chillies and three big banana chillies or capsicums or something, the top of which is about as wide as a ping-pong ball. So now you know how big they are. :)

Comments

aynz said…
wide as a pingpong bakll? that's ma-hu-sive. :-) I'm trying to grow chillies at the moment. Goodluck to me.

xox

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction