Skull-Cherry Patch and Poodle-Circle Skirts

Obviously no one who reads this blog goes to Cosmic Corner or they would have seen this and immediately contacted me:
That's right, cherries that are really skulls. Yay, that's fabulous. Each skull is 7.5cm/3" across. I don't know if I should make a jacket and sew it on the back, make a 1950's circle skirt and instead of a picture of a poodle or some such thing use this and that would be really funny, or something else entirely. Let me know any ideas. I'm thinking that I could make my own applique version for the 50's skirt so I can still use that amusing idea and do something awesome with these.

Since it is a patch, and the other ones there were all like skulls and cat-and-crossbones and stuff, I think I shouldn't go the obvious with something like a jacket. Obviously the people who designed these knew the idea was humerous. Like all the funny cat ones - versions of tattoo and gang-type motifs but with cats. So since it is already funny and clever, and that funniness is obvious, I must take it and extend that funny cleverness. That's why the 50's skirt is good.
Go to this page to see what I mean.
See how this would totally work there?

ps. I've always wondered exactly what kind of petticoat you use with this type of skirt, and they have pics of them on the same site, under "poodle crinolines". I tried making one of those once actually - it so didn't work.

Comments

thursdays child said…
definately the 50's skirt. HAS to be.

Other options include a straight-jacket version of a shirt with the patch somewhere on the front?

Skirt might be easier... :)


And now *I* have to go to Cosmic Corner to find the kitty things.

How goes your cat btw?

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction