My Christmas - A Belated Post

I can't be bothered writing much about Christmas really, although it involved going over and opening presents, playing the Civilization 4 card game while Mum simultaneously and reluctantly finished making lunch - turkey, roasted stuff, vegetables, wine, Christmas pudding (close the curtains and pour brandy over and then set it alight. Be surprised again that it actually works). Then more sitting around playing the rest of the game and stuff, L gets bored and goes somewhere, watch a video, have dinner - ham and cheese and pickled onions and salad and olives and all that stuff - joined again by L and two different friends this time. Then Christmas cake and trifle. Woohoo! Then Christmas crackers, the kind that you pull.

I made the cake, I am so clever. This cake is pretty much the point of this post.

These are the presents I gave. I like presents :) Aren't they pretty, yay, presents.
This year I decided to only wrap in non-Christmas-paper textured paper. Most of it is stuff you get flowers wrapped in, when they aren't wrapped in cellophane or plastic. And an inner layer of matching colour tissue paper. And no cellotape or other tape used. I did use a little bit of glue on one. Themes in previous years have been:
  • only paper folding techniques to hold wrapping - no tape, ribbons, etc.
  • stickers stuck on the presents for each person and each person given a little card also with that sticker on it so they can find their pressents.
  • ummm, can't remember anymore right now, but I get bored this way. This year I was actually going to buy everyone's presents from this particular mail-order catalogue, EziBuy, and had about half of them picked out. One we did get anyone, and a variation on another was my sister's birthday present.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction