Random Personal Stuff Resulting In Iced Muffins (ps. dreams)

On Monday I was really really tired, and didn't do a great deal, it was an effort to make dinner really. But for some reason I decided that I should make some muffins, cos following recipes is relatively easy when tired and unmotivated (note: unlike making dinner, which seldom if ever involves a recipe). But, we didn't actually have any muffin recipes except chocolate, and the main point of the exercise was to use up some rhubarb that was still in the fridge before it went off. Muffins were all I could think of other than friands, which require ground almonds and 5 egg whites, and I hate recipes like that, they're just stupid, even though I love friands; I don't like using only part of multiple eggs. So anyway, since the chocolate muffins had vanilla essence in them, I thought I could just leave out the cocoa and then I would have plain vanilla muffins to which I could add the rhubarb, but it didn't really work. They aren't really very tasty or anything. I think maybe they needed more sugar in them.
So then later I went to have a rest, having managed to avoid doing so the whole rest of the evening, because lying around doing nothing makes me unhappy because then I am wasting time I could be doing something! But finally I couldn't resist any longer.
It's like if you try and quit drinking coffee and then discover you are just drinking coke instead (which never happens to me because I hate coke) because somehow you were tricked into not thinking about the fact that you are still consuming caffiene. If I really feel like I need to lie down and do nothing, if I don't I will eventually find myself sitting or standing somewhere and doing absolutely nothing, or lying on the couch rather than the bed, or on the spare bed, all of which has the same effect of mindless nothingness, even though I was trying to avoid that by not going to bed. I'm not quite sure of the purpose of this, but I find myself unable to in fact do anything else, even fun things, or easy things like reading a book or something.
But, then when I was thinking-not-thinking, which is thinking without being actually aware of it - when your brain thinks while you take a holiday - then I considered that maybe the not-sweet-enough muffins could be partially fixed with icing, and that would make the ugly albino muffins look nicer too (so, if you are an ugly albino, a similar effect could be achieved with a brightly coloured beret I think). I decided on red, cos rhubarb is red. Of course, red food colouring mixed with white icing actually makes pink. But that's ok. I won't go into the exact happenings of the icing making, but I ended up with too much and it was a bit too runny and I didn't want to add MORE sugar as there was already too much. So the icing dripped off and gradually continued to slide off all the next day too. Oh well, icing isn't actually that nice anyway.

Post Script: the title reminds me of the title of a picture I drew-painted once - "The time I dreamt I was 3 Dali paintings each containing an egg".
And that was a real dream, too. I commonly have dreams where I am several people/things at once (usually people though, seldom things). It is confusing when I wake up and can no longer do several things simultaneously using several bodies. Anyone else have dreams like this? What is interesting is that my mind, both when asleep and when partially awake does not seem to have any difficulty with this. To clarify, I am not several separate people/things that have their own personalities and such, but rather one person with several avatars, and I am aware of the actions, environment and perceptions of the several avatars at once, although I think 3 is the most. Normally 2, I suppose a bit like an out-of-body experience, where I send one body to do something when the other one doesn't want to, at least that is how it manifests when I am mostly awake; I send one body to get up and do things while the other stays in bed, and I am always confused, dismayed and disappointed when the tasks are completed - and yet nothing has changed (obviously). I presume I am aware of being in bed while I suppose I am dreaming the rest of it. This is not the same as dreaming that you got up and went to work or school, which I imagine is relatively common, unless you are also actually aware of being in bed at the same time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction