My Weekend and What I Did

This weekend was pretty good, although not long enough, partly because I was very tired so had to sleep or rest a lot which took up time when I could have been doing things.
These are the things I did do though, including Friday evening. I can't remember what happened when.
  • I did scythe a bit of the lawn, like, with a scythe. Then I started moving away the bits of tree that have been on the lawn for nearly a year since Dad chainsawed the tree, so that I can cut more of the lawn next weekend, or whenever.
  • I had fish and chips for dinner Friday night, but they weren't that good :(
  • I planted beans in the glass house (5 minutes) and tied up some of the tomato plants that fell over side ways when I moved their buckets to get to the bean planting area. I planted 6 beans. Hopefully 6 bean plants will grow. I have 14 more, but not sure where to plant them. Tomorrow I will bring a picture of the glasshouse, at least as it was a week ago. Now there is a small bean planting area and the existing plants are bigger :)
  • I made my pattern for my corset to be worn on the outside as part of my wedding outfit. This involved looking at it on the computer screen then going down on the floor and drawing a bit, then looking again, and so on and it was a pain.
  • I cut out the pieces, remembered I hadn't washed one of the materials, hand washed the pieces, dried them, ironed them, checked if they was shrunk and they were! By about 5% or 1" lengthwise and a little bit the other way. So then I washed the rest of the material in the washing machine, waited for that to dry and cut the pieces out again.
  • Then came the fun bit where I started sewing the boning channels. It is going to be great, but unless I make my website you won't get to hear about it for ages because Gary can't see the dress and stuff until the wedding, blah, blah, blah and he reads this blog. It is maybe 1 quarter done in total. Of course, this is the only final item actually started so far because I am too scared to cut into my limited material for anything else. This piece takes the longest to make if I stuff it up, but I have more material to do it again because it uses so little. So I am still a coward. I am already getting excited about wearing it because it will be cool! - but I can't until April :( Assuming it fits and all that.
  • I spent several hours examining patterns for 17th Century Polish men's jackets, with no instructions, having never seen an actual one before, trying to work out how to put them together. Then, another couple of hours working out how to size it for G. Then, another one or two trying to make a pattern, using the back-and-forth method mentioned above. And I didn't even do the sleeves yet cos I was sick of it. On Sunday I did actually cut it out from some random sheets bought for that purpose and see how it fitted. Now the problem comes in making it fit better, and working out how the changes needed make any sense whatsoever when considered with respect to the original pattern and G's measurements. I'll let you know how it goes one day, some time.
Just to inject an off-topic comment here, but there really is nothing I enjoy more than trying to open pdfs, either in a web browser or in the program I am trying to test and having it not work, spending ages trying to work out the problem and then finding out it is because the damn thing has opened a window that doesn't show on the start bar BEHIND all the other windows about updates that are available, and it won't work until I close or do something with that window. And how many essential updates ARE there for Adobe Reader? Could they not just get it right some time, or at the very least, let me know it opened up an annoying window? Perhaps they could update that bit.
  • I also went to Mitre 10 to buy cable ties for the boning of the corset, and to buy a rake for raking up the grass I cut. Will also use it to rake sticks out of the pile of pineneedles on the lawn from the tree branches I mentioned, but I don't want to disturb it because there will be lots of bugs in there.
  • My sister had a birthday lunch also, and we had cake.

But still, most of these things, except for sewing related didn't take up a lot of time and there is still a lot of things I didn't get done - mostly the rest of everything that I did a bit of. And I didn't write much blog either! And no useful stuff (blog stuff I mean)! And so I wish I had had more time. Now I will be too tired every evening to do anything until next weekend.

Comments

Tiff said…
Hey hon,
i read your blog often. :) nice weekend. you are so creative! i spent the weekened film editing - multitasking. i finished editing together aimee's wedding, another wedding, a family reunion, and made further progress on the china film which is nearing completion in leaps and bounds. keep in touch! whens your big day? (ie. wedding!).

Tiff xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction