Embroidery-ing

Well, this probably isn't much of an exciting post, but I thought I should write something before the weekend. Yesterday I bought some stuff for better doing the embroidery around the hem of the wedding dress. I bought, a thimble:
It is the smallest size available, probably because I will be wearing it on the 4th finger of my right hand, as that is the one that always ends up getting the BLUNT end of the needle jabbed into it, which is sore and kind of gross. I assume from the name that thimble are supposed to be really worn on the thumb, but I've never had any need for that. It was only $2.30, so that is pretty good I think.

I also got some embroidery hoops as the one I have is tiny.
The smaller one here was more expensive and is much better quality I think because the wood is a lot smoother and harder, whereas the larger one is kind of... furry-ish. Kind of like balsa wood. I think I would recommend people with the same choice to just buy the more expensive ones, but I got one of each so I could think about it later. Or not think about it at all. The small one was $8, and the large one $6.90, so not much difference in price but the good quality large ones are probably more expensive than the smaller ones. They were from "Threads" I think, if you live in Dunedin - the one opposite Kathmandu in Centre City anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction