Courgettes and Marrows

I haven't written any sewing posts recently, although I have some pictures taken ready to go. Yesterday we watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail and we had barbeques and Chinese New Years and stuff, and today I have Patternmaking class. And most of my vegetable plants are dying - I don't have enough time to looka fter them and write blogs and make cool things adn everything :(

For a truly exciting post, I have decided to show you the large courgette on its way to turning into a marrow I got out of the garden the other day. This is the second one I have picked. It doesn't look like any will ever be ready simultaneously unless they really get their act together. Plus the other plants just don't look like they are making any effort, and one is dying. Two-to-three days before I picked this it was pretty much normal courgette size, but I didn't want to cook anything with it at that stage. Now it is a bit bigger, not too much bigger though. Standard kitchen scissors for scale.
They taste fine, but not really of anything much. Very handy though, cos you just pick them when you are ready, and they are ready, over the ideal period of a few days, and put them in stir-fries or pasta or as a side dish, so you can incorporate them into a number of different meals if there happens to be a ripe one available.

For those unaware, courgettes and zucchinis are the same thing, and marrows are just big ones. Like lambs are baby sheep, so courgettes are baby marrows.

Comments

aynz said…
Wow! Your own courgette! Awesome. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction