Dunedin Chinese New Year

I don't really have a lot to say about the Chinese New Year thing that was this weekend, although the Japanese sword and weapons demonstration Mum and G were in went well I thought.
G and I got some food when we were down there from the stalls, and it was pretty expensive for the amount you got, although it was nice. For example, $5 for some rice with a few spoons of curry from one place.
I really wanted a lantern that looked like pikachu, the pokemon, that I saw some people with, but they didn't have any by the time I got to go and buy one, so got this one instead. You put a candle in it and it looks pretty and you hope that somehow it doesn't end up burning the paper.
I think it's cute and kind of freaky, and now it hangs from the curtain rail in my sewing room :)

There was kind of a surreal moment before we went out (more surreal than a giant pink head with blue ears, even) where G and I were each whipping a practice sword out of its bag and replacing it with a wooden one, then doing up the bag, simultaneously (so that the wooden ones wouldn't look so weird carrying them around before the performance). I can't say that's a normal experience for most couples.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction