I feel I should write something

Since I haven't written anything for a week, I feel that I should write something, but I don't really feel like writing. I was going to put up pictures of the dress I made mostly in the weekend, but the digital camera ran out of batteries so I couldn't take them. I haven't finished the sheet dress yet, but I did a little over the last few days.
Currently I am mainly thinking about Christmas and birthday presents to buy and make, and I obviously can't post about them here, because the intendd recipients might read about it!
I have been to all of the small number of fabric stores in Dunedin several times looking for material to make my wedding dress and other wedding clothes stuff out of (not white or any related colour) and no one has what I want. I want copper-coloured material. I cannot find any, but I saw some once over a year ago, so I know it exists in this universe.
This material, from which I made my dress in the weekend, is a good sort of copper-orange-brown colour, depending on the light, but not suitable becuase of the lines in it, and the fact that in some lights it looks brown with squares (crossing lines - plaid?) and thus a bit farmer's-wife-ish. I found some other stuff similar but more dressy (more shiny I think), but it also has lines and that stuff would MAYBE have been ok anyway except if you made the lines run vertical the material looked kind of black and only looked copper-ish when the lines went horizontal and we all know horizontal lines aren't good. These materials are woven with the warp and weft in different colours, one orange and one black for instance, and so held one way the black stands out more and held the other way the orange.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction