A Dress A Day blog

Click on the link to go to the "A Dress A Day" blog site.
There, did you click?

This blog is great, and has tonnes of entries. Maybe even one every day, or at least mostly. The person's tastes seem to fall mainly on the 40's and 50's maybe (I don't know, whatever), and that kind of feminine style of dress in interesting prints and colours. I am not, myself, actually particularly interested in dresses, particularly not this style of dresses, nor do I in fact like most of the dresses and fabrics she provides pictures of. In most cases I think them somewhat boring, and at other times, even ugly.
However, even if you are not interested in the same stuff she is interested in, you should definitely look at the site if you are at least vaguely interested in the meta concepts - fashion, dresses, clothes, fabric, retro/vintage, cultural influence of and on clothing. One reason this site is interesting even if you aren't always interested in the content per se is the lady's enthusiasm for her subject. In almost every post she has found the best dress ever that she has to make, or would buy but can't for some reason. She must have a million dresses already and her "to do" list must be impossibly, ridiulously long. It is nice to see such enthusiasm. There is a bit of variation in her choices and pictures, so most people will see something from time to time that they can get enthusiastic about too, even if the general theme isn't really their thing. Another thing I like is that perhaps I can get a bit of appreciation for these dresses that I never appreciated before. Perhaps I will discover some things I never knew I liked because I never gave them a chance.
The final point to make about why you should look at this site is that the writing is engaging and the writer is a funny, clever person. So funny, but in a nice subtle way.
Like this:
I think that if you are leanish and want curves, this is the dress for you. If you have a pre-existing curves condition, maybe ... not so much.
See, slightly humerous and clever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction