Two Great New Jackets

I popped into a second-hand shop last week for a bit of a browse and something interesting to do, and although I was actually looking for trousers, I almost immediately found these two great items of clothing (and no trousers, although G found me some cargo pants).
The first one is a bit big, but otherwise is pretty cool as it is a '60s kind of shape with interesting back shoulders and it is an awesome colour with an equally cool looking but different blue lining.


The second is the exact kind of jacket I've been wanting, and in fact intending on making. In fact started making, although single-brested and a different type of material. It is the same length, has the collar points at the same height as I wanted and the same rounded lower front corner. And it fits really well. Amazing how I found the prefect jacket! I think it is a bit darker in real life.

Altogether they came to $14.
The first one is good because since it is big I can wear it over lots of things and over looser things. The second is good because I can wear it indoors too, and I can wear a rain coat over it also. It functions more like a top than a coat, which is something I've been wanting.

Next post - will it be the Korean recipe?, or will you get to see what I have made in class this semester?

Comments

thursdays child said…
Op Shops were created purely for my need of office jackets!

BTW - I'm selling off all my bits of fabric, wool - stuff
HERE

I thought you might want fabric but it may not be anything you currently want/need. :D
aynz said…
NICE jacket. And cool back shoulders on the blue top but the jacket is a definite winner. Ka pai. x

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction