Taffeta Corset, Post 1

A while ago I started making a pattern to make an overbust corset, and then I made it some more, and then I finished it and I wasn't really sure about it and I left it for a long time. I have been wanting to make another corset for ages and of course I had the pattern for this one, and I already had the material and had some options for the lining. But I was working on other stuff, or at least trying to. Since my last one was actually quite good, but I also didn't like it, I think I was scared to start actually doing this one in case it ended up bad or something. I'm not really sure about the pattern. But I think it will probably be mostly right; there isn't really any reason why it shouldn't be. And I have to make it to find out how the pattern is, really. The design is only a simple one, and next I want to make a pattern with more complex lines instead of making them straight up and down. And I want to try a different way of making the pattern. Finally, there is a pattern online for an Edwardian corset, and I can talk about why I'm looking at Edwardian stuff some other time, that I want to do soon. It is always fun to see how these random patterns work out.

Anyway, I cut out all the pieces this evening. That took me an hour. In the photo is the pattern, the outer layer (which is more dark brown and shiny in real life) of polyester taffeta, two inner layers of thick cotton and the lining in quilting cotton. So 4 layers, with 4 pieces per side in each layer.

It's not a good photo, but it is past my bedtime :p.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction