What the Cat Dragged In

I don't think I will get my corset done by Friday as I would have liked, so I shall break up the monotony of corset posts with an insect, since we don't have to get them all in by Friday anymore.
I'm pretty sure I've talked about weta before, but this is a DIFFERENT weta from the last one. All the weta before seem to have been Ground Weta, as opposed to some type of cave weta with one back leg. Remember, there are "Weta", of which the ground weta is one, and then there are "Cave Weta" which are a different set of insects, although obviously fairly similar.
This looks like a type of cave weta, as decided by looking at about 10 pictures in total of the two types, and using the great neural net we humans have as a brain to process and distill the information therein and do a bit of pattern matching...

Big picture!!YAY!!! It's in a plastic container so that it doesn't jump away. If anyone has an entomologist for a relative or friend, ask them what type it is and let me know? It does normally have two back legs, but not after being ravaged by a cat I suppose. This probably explains why it was so easy to put in the container in the first place - no jumping could be done in any case. It's antenna barely fit though. Isn't it pretty?

(Ok, I was going to post a wedding picture, but I forgot.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction