Plucky the Ducky

In the weekend, we did many things, and one of those things was shopping. We went and bought Plucky from Kmart. Plucky is an Easter duck. Possibly, since he was the only one at Kmart and there didn't seem to be shelf space for any more, THE Easter Duck. I don't know why they only had one and bothered to advertise it in their mailer, and I don't know why he is an Easter duck, rather than a regular large duck, but I think it probably has something to do with the Easter Duck getting rid of the Easter chicken somehow and taking over the egg laying for itself; no doubt in league with the Easter Bunny, or Rabbit, if you would prefer.
Here is Plucky:

And here is Plucky again. Plucky is a large duck you will have noticed:

Mum thought I had called it "Clucky" but I am actually not quite that weird. Plucky is a good name, both a word on its own (think courage and determination) and also reminiscent of feathers.

We also bought me an overnight bag. An expensive overnight bag. I have always wanted a nice overnight bag, and now I have one. When I was trying to decide between this selection of colours and the green colourway, the woman in the shop asked me, to help me make my choice, "What colour is your suitcase?" I found this question almost as perplexing as if she had asked, "Do you own any frogs?". The colour of my suitcase, if I had one even, is not in any way related to my choice of overnight bag. And in any case, I would want them to be wildly different, if I did consider it, not matching. I suppose this is an important question for the regular customers of that store.

Here is my bag:

If you put Plucky in the bag, his head sticks out and he looks very peeved. Of course, he normally looks anywhere from peeved to psychotic, so that is alright.
Here is Plucky with the bag:

I carried Plucky round with me all weekend (around the house I mean) and took him to show my parents when we went round. I am a crazy nut. However, Plucky was 20% off, and is very soft and fluffy too.

I hope this inspires you to be slightly less worried about your own craziness. People only think you are weird because they are ashamed and afraid of their own weirdness, and scared that it too shall be exposed. I figure everyone is bizarre, and probably a lot more so than any of my minor eccentricities.
But of course, our strangest habits and desires are seldom revealed.... I encourage you now to think of those things you never tell anybody.

Comments

thursdays child said…
Plucky is very cool - and the bag is very nice too. :)
aynz said…
For a sense of scale, putting the bag beside Plucky was a brill idea. Plucky is a beast! Also, I think the shop lady's question about the colour of your suitcase was totally valid. IF you had one (and at least over here most people do) and couldn't decide between colours, it seems perfectly logical to decide to match your suitcase. At least it makes sense to me. But then I take a certain OCD joy in colour coorination/ combinations. At least now when you buy a suitcase you can get one to match your overnight bag! :-) hee hee

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction