Actual Latest Purchase

The velvet yesterday wasn't actually my latest purchase, it was just the latest to arrive. The ACTUAL latest purchase, and now the latest arrival, is this velvet stuff, which is backed by that fluffy quilting stuff and then quilted.
Here it is:
It is actually different colours in different places, it isn't just weird lighting. Although in real life the dark colours are kind of deeper and the light colours are more like dustings of gold and it actually looks very opulent. It is 1.8m of 150cm wide. It cost me $33.50 including postage, because the postage was $8.50. Bizarre, because that other stuff I got yesterday cost $10 postage, which is more money but that was two big rolls in a huge parcel, where as this was a little parcel about half the size of a pillow (an averagely decent kind of pillow, but not a super puffy one.) And the roll of interlining I'm sure I talked about at one stage, that was only $3.50 postage.
And here is a close up of the quiltedness.
This is a more representative picture of what it is like to look at, although the original has more contrast and is "deeper".
This will probably be made into some kind of thing to wear over the wedding dress when I go outside, if I have time to make it by then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction