My Sister's Halloween Party

Well, on Saturday we went to my sister's halloween party and BBQ. It was good, except we aren't really that keen on parties, so it was ok :) . If we were keen on parties I'm sure it would have been great. Since there was a bbq it started early to have dinner, and there were a lot of people there, even though normally people don't bother to actually go out anywhere until after 10 or 11pm, so that was pretty cool. There were decorations on the walls and hanging from the ceiling and they were good to - cut-outs and spider webs and black and orange streamers and so on. No pumpkins because a) it is not pumpkin season, and b) you generally can't get orange pumpkins here. (I love to here that kind of fact about other places - you just go "What? No orange pumpkins? How weird." And it is not a big thing but some wee fact that makes you wonder what other, bigger weird things might happen there.)

Now - pictures. I love digital cameras. I love being able to take a million pictures and not have to pay to get the film developed when so many of the pictures are just crap. BUT I hate the stupid point and click cameras with no optical zoom. So I am currently just borrowing Dad's stupid one as just mentioned, but hope to get a digital SLR at Christmas time. Then, I will be able to start taking pictures again without having to spend hundreds of dollars on film and developing. I'll be ale to take pictures of anything I like! I'll be able to take dozens of pictures, trying to find the good one, and I'll be able to do studies of things, like graffiti, that I might not normally waste film on. Oh, it would be totally awesome.

Anyway, pictures. First, my sister and her friend. Then my sister, spongebob squarepants and a bottle of beer.


Gary's costume was the best. Here he is getting ready.


And here is a montage.

This is not actually an action shot of him drawing the (wooden) sword, but it look a bit like it. He is just flipping the sageo over the scabbard after putting the whole thing in his belt.
Yay, he is so scary and awesome looking. :)

I looked silly. When I thought about it further the other day, the skirt for my EGL dress was totally the wrong shape and stuff, but of course I had to do it like that to test out the pattern. But anyway, here are the pictures of it.

I didn't like it at all but it was saved by having fun with makeup. I took lots of pictures of myself because I thought it looked cool and scary :). Also, my hair was good I thought, I like it like that. What I don't have pictures of is the only part of the costume that I actually liked which is the totlally perfect head dress. I am wearing it in the pictures but you can't see how cool it is.



Funny makeup and cool hair!

Comments

Tiff said…
Scary costumes dudes!! Looks like a lot of fun

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction