The day I discovered I was a Pantheist

Yesterday I discovered that pretty mach the whole time I thought I was a Christian, as a child and young person, I was in fact a Pantheist, albeit, I suppose, a Christian Pantheist. Interesting. See this wikipedia article on Pantheism. Not to be confused with Panentheism, Pandeism or Panendeism. (!!)
Specifically, pantheism is the beleif that God is IN the world, that god and the world are equal and one, and not that God is outside of the world. I feel a bit ripped off actually, that all that time I had a valid, named spiritual-religious belief and nobody told me. I struggled to make what people told me reconcile with what I thought to be true, when I never knew until now that what I believed was a real thing, as in, somthing that others had thought, and a recognised idea - although obviously considered wrong from the perspective of some religions. I'm not sure what my position is now.

At the bottom of at least some of the pages referred to by the links above (eg. the pantheism one) there are numerous little links in a box headed "Belief systems" to other wikipedia pages, which you could use to find the term which describes your own beliefs, or just to find out, for instance, what is Transtheism? Basically, every variation on the existence or position of God(s) with respect to the universe seems to be covered in these terms. Amazing, something for everyone.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ohhhh... I think I am one of them too... Yay - big words. xxxooo
we should have dinner - this web site is really cool.

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction