Lily Picture

Pretty picture that I took in our garden last year, they should come out again soon - they have buds again. Click to see bigger.


This is my picture, copyright to me. Don't steal it.

What if you searched google for things about lilies and you came here and I say nothing about lilies? Actually, I know hardly anything about them anyway. I don't know what type this one is, so if anyone knows, leave a comment. I spent a long time looking at all the lily images on google trying to find the type, and I think I found something that is at least close, but I forget now. This was last year. The cool thing about lilies is that you plant some bulbs, and then the number of bulbs gradually increases over the years. The bulbs split and make more or something. It would take many years to get lots, but it is nice all the same. Shortly after they had finished flowering last year, the leaves went slowly all brown and ugly and I thought they had been poisoned by the dish washing water I threw over them to get rid of the aphids, but they have grown back all strong and green this year, so I think they were just dying back for the year. So don't worry. The petals are actually really weird because the fleshy bit from the bud is still there, so they are quite chunky. At least, I think that's how it was. As the flower ages the petals curl back more and more.

P.S. This is my only (I think) good digital camera picture so I am very proud, especially how the background ended up all totally blurred out and non-destracting like that. I have some cool, normal photos I could put up, but I have no scanner to get them on here. :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction