Finished Victorain Corset!!

So, at some time in the last week I finished the corset. Now I will spend some time tediously uploading pictures and trying to make them appear in the correct place, given that the typing place in the blog, the preview and the finished page all layout the page differently. And I have no idea what it might look like in IE or other web browsers. Or whatever else.
Anyway, corset lying flat:

It is also not clear to me why all pictures that I insert insist on showing up at the top of the page, requiring me to move them, instead of being inserted at the current position of the cursor. That would be handy.

I think the corset produces a great shape and looks like a real corset and I am very clever :).
That shape at the bottom of the centre-front isn't right I don't think, but never mind.

Corset front, back and side:



Apparently, I stand funny, as you can see from the back view. Or the corset is made funny. Although the second is most likely true, I think the first one is too. Either through posture or otherwise, one hip is a little higher than the other. I should try standing more evenly and see what happens. Incidentally, when I take the corset of, a muscle in the side of my back on the higher side tends to ache. But not while I am wearing it. I am not sure if this is actually a bad thing - ie. I am being pushed into a bad position, or a good thing - I am being pushed into the RIGHT position but am just not used to it.

There are some pins in the top holding it in to correct this problem:
Hmmm, gaping. Yes, I need more, umm.... I have now sewn it to fix this problem, by sort of creating a dart folding under the boning, but don't have pictures.
Otherwise it is all good. I bought some more string-stuff to lace it up with, 2 metres, to replace the 1.5 metres because it was a bit tight and I couldn't really put it on after dinner. Then I bought some 2.5 metres of another colour that was better (not bright green) and also so I could do loop lacing, but then it turned out to be thicker. So along with the lack of all other supplies for actually making a corset in Dunedin, there is only one colour of non-stretchy, strong lacing material that fits through a small eyelet. That I have found. Theoretically, you don't want to do up and undo the "busk" (in my case hook and eyes) while the corset is laced tightly because it can damage the busk and so on, but it seems to be ok so far, and of course now it is looser anyway.

Here are two pics I made in photoshop just by picking a cool filter and adjusting the settings to my liking. I reckon they are cool effects. I especially like the second one, the "Graphic Pen" effect.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction