Why I (heart) Vista, Part 3

I'm not entirely sure if we're actually past Part 3 or if I just hate my work computer so much that it just seems like it.

I was just looking through a list of posts I made on a particular forum, and some of them have been voted '5's. See, you can vote 1 to 5 on a post if you wish, and 1 is bad and 5 is good. A few of mine, about 1 in 7, have got votes, and they are all fives. This one got three votes. I'm so proud.
It is in response to whether or not a particular person should get Vista for their computer:

Don't do it! don't touch Vista! at least not until it works! About once a day, Explorer.exe crashes. Basic file operations fail. I can't unzip a file directly in to Program Files (or somewhere, I do it once a fortnight and have to unzip it elsewhere and copy it in). It is a slow UI - the expanding, the contracting, why doesn't the thing just open and close the windows? Sure, blank my screen for 5 seconds and then bring up a moronic message for me to click on to do with something... and swap the mouse button configuration back to default so that it doesn't work when I click. And spend several seconds swapping back to the desktop. Lose the .net 3.0 dlls so I can't use Windows Workflow, and then when I turn off .net 3.0 and try and turn it on again (the equivalent of reinstalling) say "Not all operations could be completed" and then quit, requiring a reinstall of the OS. The first thing you will do is turn off UAC. You will have to click though about 4 UAC messages to do this, and then restart your computer.
Anyway, that's just me. And when I say to others at work, I hate vista, why do I have to use it, they say, ha ha, I'm glad it's you (we need someone developing on Vista to find all the stuff that doesn't work in it).
All my messages are a bit like this. They seem ok when I write them but they're rather random and incomprehensible when I read them later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction