Perfect Creature

We just saw this movie "Perfect Creature". It was the NZ premiere, apparently. It had too much gross stuff like blood and bleeding and injury for me, but otherwise it was cool because a lot of it was filmed in the city in which I live and in a nearby town's heritage Victorian District (a couple of streets) where I have been 4-5 times now. They did some very nice stuff merging real buildings with computer generated stuff. Eg. The building across from my work that I can see out of the window (the old central post office) is about 7 storeys high. In the movie there's the building, and then there's another 30 floors that they've made up. It looks pretty cool. That was kind of amusing because they just bought it to turn it into a hotel - I think it was bought by Hilton - and struggled to get resource consent to add one floor on top :D
The movie is vampires, and a bit of steam-punk. Strangely, we only saw two goths at it, which is weird because it is clearly a gothic kind of movie, and last year there were tonnes of goths at a quite non-gothic film. I like to see goths to get fashion tips. Last time I saw a woman wearing 14-pair eyelet boots Dr Martin boots in white, and I bought some later after getting my full-time job :) The producer and writer were at the performance and they gave a bit of a speech and answered some questions afterwards. I love to see movies where you get to clap.

Anyway, here's a picture of the same kind of boot as mine :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction