Polytech course - a place or not?

Today I received my letter I was waiting for from the Otago Polytech! Unfortunately it has this to say:
"The returned enrolments will be processed in the order that they are received and it is only on receipt of your enrolment that your place on the programme/course is secured."
In fact, it says that in bold type. And then it talks about wait lists and such. I feel this contradicts nastily with their first uplifting paragraph:
"Thank you for your application to the Certificate in Fashion Studies. I am pleased to offer you a place on this programme which commences....."
And, of course, there is that other letter I received that said that I had a place also. Presumably this all means I "have a place (on the list)". Plus, preference is given to those who wish to enrol full-time. :(
Applicants are accepted based on order of receipt of this form, but I presume that, since the previous letter said the next letter would be sent by the end of November, I am a bit behind. It looks unlikely that I will be getting very far with this course during the first half of next year at least. One good thing however is that the School of Fashion is relocating to the old Big Fresh building in town shortly, which will be substantially less distance for me to walk to from work than the main campus.
There were some confusing points about the application and I have emailed someone about them. Hopefully they will reply in time for me to fill in this form and send it back today. I don't want to waste time. Hopefully I will beat some of the slackers - I am not slack, legitimate issues slowed me down! I may even RING if necessary. I hope they email....

Interestingly, this morning I felt there was a letter waiting for me, I even checked the mail box, despite the fact that mail does not come early in the morning to our house. I even had the vague feeling that THIS letter was in fact waiting for me somewhere right then. But where could it be if not at home? At work? I dismissed this feeling as silly as why would the letter be at my work, how would it get there? Anyway, there it was. I'm not sure why they sent it there, but it does mean I got it about 9 hours earlier than I would have (they ask for work address on your application for some reason). It makes coming to work more exciting though.
Anyway, the point is that I am clearly psychic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction