Random Recipe - Fried Parsnip and Bread

We eat a lot of strange food. I had this realisation a couple of weeks ago, when I suddenly saw our meal from an outside perspective. Along with making a lot of recipes from outside our culture, I also make a lot of stuff up.
Here's a random side dish I made a while ago - chop parsnip into chip-sized pieces, and "sweet bread" (eg. this was raisin and malt loaf) into stamp or domino sized pieces and fry in butter, adding sesame seeds and a sprinkling of salt part way through. I pretty much like anything related to bread or fried/roasted food, so this is all good. With oil instead of butter, it would be healthy. If your definition of healthy includes a bit of butter now and then, then it's healthy already.


I like taking pictures of the stuff I cook, because it is another interesting creative exercise of planning and putting things together, so I might post some more interesting recipes.
Also, if you can afford it, you should get a titanium non-stick frying pan like this one. It doesn't have teflon or other weird non-stick stuff, somehow it works by being titanium I guess. It works very well, cleans easily, you can use metal implements in it, it's very expensive. We bought ours with a department store voucher we got for our wedding. I think that you will save money by buying this one if you normally buy non-stick frying pans because you won't have to replace this one as it won't get scratched, and you won't have to be afraid every time someone mentions how poisonous the normal non-stick coatings are...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction