Next Big Project - Victorian/Edwardian Cycling Outfit

I am so excited that tomorrow I can go to the university library to copy out information on how to make some Victorian combinations, as these will be the first item in my bicycling outfit I am going to make. Maybe there will be some bloomers or something in there too. I thought about doing a divided skirt, but I've decided to do wool bloomers, a woollen wide-lapelled jacket, combinations and a button-up pseudo corset thing. The cycling outfit came out of my wanting to make some "reform" clothing, so I'm also going to do a divided petticoat and some non-cycling late-Victorian or Edwardian clothes too. There's two books in the city about the women's reform clothing movement from 1850 onwards, and one has been out for the last 3 weeks and the other is at at the university library. I've applied for a library card, but they haven't sent it to me yet; maybe they lost my application :( I was going to read the book before making the clothes, but I got bored waiting. I'm having trouble finding detailed enough information on the Internet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction