Why I (heart) Vista, Part 5

I've been at work for an hour, and so far:

  1. The computer was running unbearably slow with several seconds required to change from one window to another, etc, and the task manager wouldn't open so I couldn't find out what program might be malfunctioning. Eventually the task manager sort of opened - but minimised itself into the task bar tray and refused to come out. Eventually it opened it's menu to close/restore/whatever, but I couldn't click on anything and the menu would not go away eithr - you know those dislocated floating menus? So I restarted the computer.
  2. Within 15 minutes of restarting, Windows Explorer crashed and had to restart, so I had to reopen the folders I was using, which annoys me.
  3. Five minutes later, Word crashed and had to restart.

Two days ago I had an interesting problem where the computer was running very slowly and then all the windows froze up, and I couldn't restart because the start menu refused to open. After a couple of minutes it did open, but it didn't populate the menus to there was nothing to click on, and then it disappeared again. I tried ctrl-alt-del to get to the restart and shutdown options that way, but apparently there was some kind of "security error" which meant it could not load the screen that comes up in Vista when you press ctrl-alt-del. So I had to restart with the power button. Of course, when the computer started up again it complained it had been shutdown improperly and unexpectedly and it wanted to go into safe-mode :roll eyes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction