Currently Doing....

The key crafting and sewing priorities at the moment, at least as far as I can remember, and I'm sure I can't remember what my priorities were yesterday, are:

Fit a basic torso pattern properly so I can stuff it to use as a mannequin that is shaped more like me; the bought one has very little back compared to me, it is weird. I need about 5cm more across the back somehow, but not the front, and not the waist, just the top of the back.

Make a linen smock, as suitable for the 15th or 16th centuries, or thereabouts. The linen is pale pink colour however, when it should be white. However, since it is not for any purpose that requires it to be historically accurate, that is fine. I might get some white linen though when I've made this one and know how much material I need, and make a high necked one. I am arranging wool and linen for the rest of the outfit, and am nearly sorted I think, although there will be less wool than I originally wanted because it is hard to get stuff like I want, and really expensive too.

Make a cloak, I need to start with the hood in the lining material, and hand-washing the outer wool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction