Brightness

The sun is so bright here, when it's out, that the world looks like a badly taken over-exposed photograph. Things end up looking whiter then they are supposed to be or reflecting pure white instead of their colours. Details are washed out in the glare. Things end up looking stark and strangely lacking in true colour.
The sunlit parts of this picture are more-or-less what I mean, taken in Oamaru, but doesn't convey the proper brightness. I don't have another photo of the effect because it tends to look ugly, and the sun is not yet at it's worst for today so there is no point in taking one right now.
Some people like sunny weather, but along with making me feel exhausted, it also hurts my eyes and even in moderate brightness I have to look straight down at the ground - which ends up hurting my back and neck after a while - and I generally am still squinting or have one eye shut and it still hurts. This includes if I'm wearing a brimmed hat, as simply looking at things can be too much without the sun shining into my eyes at all. I have some sunglasses now, but I've never liked sunglasses much; for some reason they make me confused, presumably because everything looks different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction