Magpie Moth Caterpillar Bustle, Part 2 - The Cushion

The description of the bustel I decided to make, said it had a cushion in it that could be used separately as smaller bustle pad as well. So I made a cushion. It's stuffed with scraps of material. I put buttons on the back of it, which will attach it to the main bustle and also to a waistband I made to wear it by itself, as mentioned.
To make it, I had already cut a piece of material to be the base of the main bustle, and I had that pinned on the dress dummy and bascially thought, hmmm, how big should the cushion be as compared to that?
The yellow bit in the next picture is the waistband with flap to attach the cushion to. This is it without the 3 buttonholes.
And that's that. It actually works really really well on its own. Even though it is ugly and boring and silly to look at :(. It is bigger and better than that other white one I made ages ago and restuffed recently, so far more suitable for my existing costume. The old one would be ok however for the middle Victorian more flat-bummed era.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction