Singlets Copied from a Bought One

A more recent craft, although from February 2017.

I have a singlet I really like that I bought probably over 10 years ago and it is getting a bit faded and stuff now, so I decided to make a pattern off it and make my own. I have had trouble finding any in the right type of fabric anyway. I just traced round the existing one and added seam allowances where necessary.

Both of these are from the same pattern. The black one is merino, and worked really well. Its a kind of rib knit. It stretches around you, then fits snugly. The camo-bug one is not very stretchy and is too small. I think its a type of non-stretchy jersey or something.

The black one is bound with a strip of it's own fabric, with raw edges and a zig zag stitch. The camo-bug one is folded over to the inside and sewn down, for some reason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction