Drop Spindle Spinning

Spinning done as of June 2016

Once at an A&P fair I bought a home-made top-weighted drop spindle off a lady, with a bit of wool. I then got a bottom-weighted one from Oamaru (I think), but I didn't like it as much.

Here's some of the spinning I had done by mid-2016, a few years ago. I don't really know if I'm doing it right because for some reason I couldn't find any videos showing people doing the same style that I was doing - I found bottom-weighted spindles, people spinning really really think wool, people spinning with the spindle supported on a table or something, but not just top-weighted drop spindle with thin wool.

I just got out of the library a whole book on drop spindle spinning though, so hopefully that will be useful!





My favourite wool is the dark stuff, which is like, still in its little shorn pieces, not brushed all fluffy like the other ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction