Blue Tunic-Dress

So, I don't know what it's like in your country, but here the fashion is (still) tunic kind of tops over tights. This appears to be a significant change in the every-day wear of most people, so it's quite interesting.
I made a new tunic top top/dress for my work wardrobe. The colours I have chosen for work are blue, dark red, purple and grey, and I was limited in what knit fabrics I already had in large enough pieces in the right colour.
This is what I made, the second or third thing I have made of a knit/stretch fabric.


The decoration is sewn on by hand. Imagine the colours are actually blue and red in this photo.


The binding worked really well around the arm and neck, so I might make a t-shirt or something out of the same fabric. Since the fabric doesn't fray, the binding edge is not folded under on the inside of the garment. This makes it some-what easier to sew with kind of annoying fabrics like this, and also reduces the bulk by one layer - if you fold under both edges of binding, plus the fabric layer itself, that's 5 layers of fabric, so leaving one edge un-doubled reduces it to 4.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction