Personality Imbalances

In dealing with more people through work than I would have normally dealt with, I have come to the conclusion that many of the incomprehensible things people say are in fact the result of certain problems they have, or, as I like to think of it (at the moment, until I find a better phrase) "imbalances in their personality". I can't identify what the imbalances ARE at the moment, but I'm imagining that there's a perfect state where people can deal with everything that comes their way, are pleasant to interact with, reconciled with their past, free of guilt, etc. Nobody's perfect however, so we all have problems. (Note that personality is probably not the best word here, because even people in the perfect state would still have their unique personality that makes them them - but doesn't include the things that make them miserable and unpleasant.)
Anyway, people are off-kilter, and this makes them respond to things oddly.
For example, today at work there was a problem with something. And someone said to me, "what are you going to do about it then?" and I said, "Well, the only thing I can do is...." And so he replied snippily, "Well, that's your problem isn't it?" and left. With me thinking - "well, why did you ask then?!" as well as - "yes, duh." There was more to his attitude, but I can't quite identify it so I can't describe it.
There's another guy here who complains a lot. Even when things are going well or fine, it's like there's a problem. This makes me wonder why?
Anyway, it's quite fascinating how these imbalances manifest themselves in people.

Comments

thursdays child said…
that is very good observation... I hadn't thought of it like that before.

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction