Stays, Outer Layer

I have sewn the inner and outer layers of the stays so far, but still need to make bias binding, bind the edges, and sew the eyelets. Also, I might want to hand-sew in a lining.

Here's the outer layer. It is wonky because it is hard to get it to look sensible on the mannequin. I think the fabric looks better in the photos than in real life; it is rather poor quality because it is upholstery material, but I like it anyway and in this case it's supposed to look "rougher" as the one I liked in my book seemed itself very roughly made.
I didn't think to pattern-match it until I had sewn it and it seems a waste to cut more, so I'll just have to make another one some time with pattern matching. There are a lot of straight lines so it shouldn't be too hard to get it looking a bit better. Since the inner layers are the "strength" layers, the outer layer wouldn't necessarily have to be cut on the grain, if it needed to be mucked around with to match the pattern.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction