Christmas Decorations

I made Chinese Lantern decorations. I wrapped cardboard toilet rolls in old wrapping paper that was cool but too crumpled to use to wrap presents then made the outer lantern bit out of coloured cardboard or this other very thick wrapping paper. I think it's better to have the outside patterned, but it needs to be stiffer than just paper. Wire through holes made in the side with a needle is used to hang them on string (I used blue hemp twine) across the opening to the stairs and the hole in the wall between the kitchen and dining room. They look really good hung up actually.
If you make some, I think a yellowish or reddish paper on the inside is best, to be a bit more "lantern-like".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction