Farmer's Market - 22 Jan 2011

I love going to the farmer's market on Saturday morning, because I love buying all the yummy stuff there, and I'm always amazed at what you can buy. Since it is seasonal, the selection is always gradually changing, which keeps it interesting.
This week I got this, plus a coffee, for $50.

It's amazing how little you can buy for $50 now-a-days. The "made goods" cost a lot more - if I take out the falafel, broad bean salad and cornish pasties, cheese and coffee, then it goes down to only $20. But I really like buying the made goods here, because they are a lot nicer than supermarket ones, and although more expensive than the cheap mass-produced cheese and so on, they are cheaper I think than equal quality supermarket and deli sold goods.

Full list, with prices as far as I can remember now:
  • Falafel with a little pottle of tahini sauce $5
  • Two cornish pasties $9.40
  • Chedder cheese off-cuts (the best chedder ever! It actually says on it Tasty cheese, but I don't know if they use that name for chedder elsewhere) $6.50
  • Lebanese (or other middle eastern but I think Lebanese) broad bean salad - so yummy, and very strongly flavoured as a lot of Lebanese food seems to be, so you can make a more boring salad and mix these in and they flavour the whole thing and make it all great $4
  • A bunch of mint $4
  • A small bag of broad beans - this was the last week of them apparently $4
  • A very small bag of small butter beans $2
  • A small cucumber of unknown type $1
  • Cherry-plums $1
  • Small new season apples - first week these were available this year $1
  • A giant...um... forget what it's called... kohlrabi. There was a medium, small and large one, all much larger than I've normally seen them, and I don't know if they are bad when big or what, so I chose the medium one. I can always put it in a stew or something, and I shop on coolness rather than practicality or whether we particularly like things. $3
  • Bunch of rubarb $3
  • A pretty good sized bag of flat green beans $3
  • A single shot flat white, not pictured :) $3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction