Crochet Hook Case

I wanted to make a case for my knitting needles so that they had somewhere tidy and sensible to go, and it was going to hold crochet stuff as well (although I never crochet, but you know, you need the stuff anyway...) but I decided to make a smaller case to hold the crochet needles by themselves. It is made of linen, and has a beetle embroidered on it, and ties up with a finger braid cord I made. Pictures below:

The cord is made of fairly fine thread so takes a while to "braid" - it uses 5 loops of thread to braid it, so 10 strands. It's my first proper actual use of one of these braids (which were made in the medieval and tudor times for tying and lacing all sorts of things) other than using one to wrap a present for Mum's birthday.




There are various problems with how it is sewn so I will make the knitting one more carefully, and maybe embroider TWO beetles on it. Maybe I'll even have better photos of those beetles.

Comments

Rush'd Lady said…
I crochet and make cards. I already have a bag for my crochet hooks, but I wonder if I could make something simliar for my markers. Thanks for the inspiration.
Rushd Lady said…
To make your bread rise, put into your oven (not on) with a pan of warm water underneath your pan of rising bread. Or put it on a warm air register or near your furnace or radiator. Just make sure it isn't too hot or it will bake it instead. Cover bread with a cloth.

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction