Felt Flowers

During the year I collect ideas for presents for people, including tutorials on how to make them, and save them in my email. One of the ideas was "felt flowers" eg. for brooches. We bought a gift for one of our "secret santa" recipients at Gwri's work, but I am feeling all crafty so thought I'd make a felt flower to add to it. I didn't much like the ones in the tutorial I had seen and saved, so I did a google image search for felt flowers to get ideas for shapes and styles and found lots of good ideas, and I decided to make one like this one (picture from this site):

I've got some pictures of some more "hippie" style ones that I, personally, actually like better, but they're probably not so universally attractive and acceptable, and we don't really know the recipient's style.
So, here are my two - the red one is for me, which I made to test the pattern and method, and the blue and white one is for her. They turned out really nice, which surprised me somewhat.

Luckily, the only beads I have that are larger than tiny happened to work quite nicely. They're about 10cm in diameter. The two inner most layers (of the same colour) are the same size - about 9cm diameter - and the bottom/outermost petals are slightly bigger.

Comments

thursdays child said…
these are gorgeous... you'll have to show me how!

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction