Test Your Colour IQ - Interesting Quiz

This is cool.
You have to arrange these little squares in order of colour.
http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77

I got 7, best score is 0. The ones I got wrong were right in the centre of the spectrum they used, in the blue-green area; it was interesting that they weren't scattered around.
Aynia, as a designer, the pressure is on you to get 0 ;)

I found it really hard to really "see" the colours and squares - the lines keep bending, the colours moved about and there are "light" and "dark" lines running through the screen*. This generally happens when I try and look at things (computer screens, the outdoors, etc) where there is high contrast (I think that is the problem), and it is a cloudy afternoon here**, with the computer screens a fair amount brighter than the surrounding light level, and it is hard to see what's on them clearly. Luckily I don't need to analyse the exact position of lines nor exact colours, so this isn't a problem to work, etc, it's just annoying. Mostly I don't notice it much as I'm focusing on reading, not on seeing. It's actually really annoying; it feels like I can't see properly, even though I can see perfectly well, and it seems like I should be able to just look "better" or look "around" the annoyingness, and be able to see properly, but I can't. If anyone knows what this weirdness is, tell me, otherwise just do the colour test!!

*They're not actually light and dark, they're not actually even there, I don't think, that's just the best/easiest way to describe them.
**Actually, cloudy but bright skies seem to cause the problem the most, but I'm not sure what that means in terms of the light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction