Merino Tunic

I haven't written a blog post in a long time.
During the holidays, I have been wearing mostly just tights with long t-shirts over them, which is very comfortable but not very practical for going places. I accidentally went to dinner at an Indian restaurant in green leggings, a "Lost World" t-shirt, an old loose cardigan and my Mum's too large ballet slipper-like shoes, but luckily it was in South Dunedin, where people regularly go to the supermarket in their pyjamas and being weird is normal, due to it's very low socio-economic status. Strangely, it's also pretty much the only area where you can get dinner or coffee after 9pm (and to a perfectly reasonable standard with good service and comfortable surroundings).
So, anyway, I didn't have any sensible clothes, so just before the holidays are about to end, I made a long tunic top. It is made of 100% merino (10$/m, amazing!) and it is based on a Burda magazine pattern. I made the pattern bigger and lengthened it from a t-shirt to a tunic. I ended up having to make the sleeves half-length or the whole thing didn't fit on the fabric.
Because I want to make my clothes more "special" - more time, decoration, personal value - I sewed wooden beads around the neckline. (I buy necklaces on massive special to use the beads.)
The mannequin is thinner than I am, so it is not so loose and drapey on me as it is on it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction