Farmer's Market - 7th May, 30th April

Woohoo, you say, more pictures of food from the Farmer's market!

Last week I bought a chicken and tarragon pie, an English pork pie, dried grapes from the organic fruit stall, camembert cheese, pickled walnuts, watercress, a really small half red cabbage, green tomatoes, plums (some of which are giant), corn already skinned, giant long capsicums. I haven't tried the pickled walnuts yet, Mum says they are yuck.


And the week before I bought quinces, strawberries, yellow peaches, silverbeet, a turnip, tabouli, dried peaches, seconds tomatoes, a mixed bag of fancy capsicums, a zuchinni and two chocolate croissant things that turned out to be much heavier and more cakey than a croissant, but I think yummier. The strawberries were to make jam, but the lady selling them told me there was 500g in the packets when there was only 250g (I thought it looked wrong) and then one third were moldy by the next day, and many of the others were brown inside. And they were really expensive because they were the last of the season. And of course, they were twice as expensive as I thought they were because there was only half as much, and then I didn't have enough, and then they went off, so that was money down the drain, and I was sad because I really wanted to make more strawberry jam :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction