Super-quick Bug Blog Post!

I'm probably possibly going to start writing some more on my blog again, so to start off this burst of activity, here's a picture I prepared a while ago that I don't think I've posted yet. This one has had only a sliver cropped off the side to make it more symmetrical, so is basically as it was taken - it's nice to take a picture that you don't need to change later.

Here is ... a dronefly on a flower.


And here it is close up (the aforementioned picture cropped around the fly) - looks like a bee.


Taken with your everyday type of digital camera (Mum's one), which had a large offset error in the view finder when taking closeups, and it was too bright to see anything on the screen, so I had to "point and guess" to actually get the whole flower in the shot. My new camera has no viewfinder at all because apparently no one wants them when you have the screen, so about 25% of all the pictures I took this weekend were entirely "point and guess" photos due to glare on the screen, etc.

The colour and light and focus all worked out really well and are fairly as-they-really-were. It can be difficult to take a good flower picture because it's hard to get the camera to see the colours the same way you do. I'm pretty sure the amazing flower came out of our garden; it was taken a while ago. Just behind it are those little white flowers you get with bought flowers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction