Dad and Cancer

Very depressing; don't read if you're not in a suitable mental state.

Four weeks ago we found out that Dad had cancer in his thyroid (which is in one's throat) and they were going to operate on it. Three days later we found out they couldn't operate on it and he would have radiotherapy that would make it shrink, but after that it would come back so he probably had months to live. One week ago he went into hospital with an infection. He stayed in hospital for nearly a week, during which time swelling and the cancer meant that he couldn't swallow. So now he can't eat, and he probably has a couple of weeks.

If you want to say something and don't know what to say, say that you want to say something but don't know what to say. Not commenting will not be held against you. I'll assume all comments are meant in the best possible way, obviously. If you know me in real life, don't ring me unless you warn me first because I hate phone calls.

Comments

Tiff said…
hey marie, my thoughts go out to you and your family. cancer has invaded my family too - my eldest brother has leukaemia :( i emailed you at standgale - hope that email still gets checked! xx
Anonymous said…
I just read this today. I know what it is like to lose your dad. I am so sorry. The good memories will help you get through this very difficult time. I can't say it makes it easier..but maybe barely bearable. B.

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction