Vegan Food and Circadian Rhythm

I don't really have much to say ABOUT vegan* food, I just wanted to say that I had a samosa and some chocolate cake for lunch and I believe they were both vegan, and they were both VERY yummy. I don't *think* they were gluten-free as well, but they might have been. I've had a vegan gluten-free chocolate cake from this same place before, and, well, making a good one must be damn near impossible surely, but it was the best chocolate cake I've ever had.

If you're in Dunedin, the place to go to get these things is Circadian Rhythm.

I guess I'll tell you a bit more about them, and then tag/label this as a "review".
They also do an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet of rice and 3 vegan curries and a simple salad. It's more-or-less the same each time, but there is a bit of variation between potato curries, curried brussel sprouts, curried cabbage, and chickpeas, mainly. There's always a dahl. G always gets the buffet :D
My sister swears by their vegetables. They're pretty much just a bowel of vegetables, but really yummy if you appreciate the simple, good taste of flavoursome veges.
They do coffees with normal milk or soy milk, but I think this is their only non-vegan food. In Dunedin, I imagine coffee makes a lot of money, maybe most of the money, for a cafe so this is business-wise.
There are also bhaji, curry wraps, other cakes and sweet foods, some more savoury foods as well as a menu that we seldom order from any more. The menu is a bit more expensive but has some interesting things if you want non-Indian based vegan food. There's mushroom dogs, falafel, pizzas (which can be gluten-free) and other stuff.

All in all it is really yummy. You should definitely go there. And, so long as you don't eat too much, it is almost guaranteed to be quite healthy due to very low fat content and lots of veges. I think they would be fairly open to questions about what's in the food if you have allergies, and of course some of it is gluten free, either by nature or design. I'm not 100% sure that they are all vegan, but I'm 99% sure that's correct. If it really matters to you you should ask in case I am wrong.


*In case you don't know what "vegan" means, it is a kind of vegetarian, but NO animal products at all - other than no meat, there is no milk, eggs or anything derived or made from any animal products.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polish Jacket, Zupan, The Second Post

Polish Jacket, The First Post

Zupan, Post 3 - Construction